Monday, July 9, 2012

Grand prix du Canton de Glieze

This was the second race of the week for me and I was really motivated after a good performance in my last race. This race suited me a lot better too, it was on a 9 km circuit that had 2 climbs in it mostly low gradient but had a few steep pitches, we did this circuit 12 times and it was then 5 km on a separate circuit that went up a short steep climb to the finish.
From the start I was easily making every split in the peloton, but there would always be a group get away and then small groups from the peloton that would come across so after awhile the break away would basically be the main peloton. From there after each lap took its toll and the group got smaller and smaller. With three laps to go there were about 15 of us left including my team mate Axel. At this point I think we were one of the strongest so we were both attacking a lot. With 2 laps to go Axel got away by himself and I was just covering all the attacks from behind. Unfortunately I just didnt quite have enough on one of the steep parts of the climb after a big effort just before it to go with 3 guys that managed to bridge to Axel. In the end Axel won solo which was cool and I finished 2nd from the group behind in 6th place overall.
I was really happy to see Axel win and glad I could help him out a bit and still finish in a respectable place. The form is coming up really well and I got lots of racing coming up, with my next one being a 4day tour starting on Thursday.


Axel and I getting congratulations from our DS

No comments:

Post a Comment