Monday, July 26, 2010

PRIX DE LA SOURCE and prix de Frontenaud

So first up on Saturday I had prix de Frontenaud it was a pretty small race with only 40 people and was raced over a 5km flat ciruit with one steep pinch climb in it. I tried to be as active as I could at the start of the race so I could get in the early break which worked out well as I got away with 3 other riders. We worked pretty well together and with 3 laps I put in an attack up the steep climb but I think they were all expecting it and managed to catch me. So next lap I attacked them just before the hill and this time I managed to get away alone and ended up winning with a decent gap to 2nd.

prix de la SOURCE
this was a weird race as the course looked pretty hard driving around it with a few climbs and rollers. But when we started the race nothing could seem to get away and it was really easy sitting in the bunch. Our team was the strongest there as we had the most riders so we always had someone goin with the attacks of the front. It wasn't until the last lap with half a lap to go Matt got off the front with another guy and got pretty close to staying away but the finishing straight was slightly uphill so he just died a bit and got caught just before the finish bit it was still good for the team as Kieran won the bunch sprint. I just finished mid bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment