Monday, April 11, 2011

Tour du Charolais

So had another elite national race, was 150km on an undulating circuit, always up and down but no hill longer than a km or 2. Was a pretty large field as well with 190 riders.
I sat in waiting for the last 50km as there were steeper climbs there and i knew it would start splitting there. In the last 50km I was in a lot of attacks and was feeling really good but nothing was staying away for very long. Unfortunately about 20km from the finish the wining break got away and to be honest I didnt even see it go so that was crap.
So the finish was up a short steepish hill that had a nasty narrow road leading into it so with everyone wanting to be at the front at the bottom of the climb it was more than dangerous, I wasnt as crazy as some people so was about mid pack at the bottom and passed as many guys as i could on the way up and finished 29th.
I feel I can do so much better as I was never in any big difficulty in the race, its just a matter of good positioning, smart thinking and a bit of luck and I think I can have a good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment