Friday, June 3, 2011

(mostly) Non cycling related post

Well this week has been the first week since iv been in France where i have had no racing but it hasnt meant I have had an easy week, I have racked up close to 30 hours on the velo so has been full on. But anyway enough about cycling I thought this week instead of a cycling related post id try a non cycling related one.

So with a free weekend Martins and I decided to have a night out on Friday in Lyon and experience the night life of one of the biggest cities in France. We met Chris, an English guy who is part of the team and lives in Lyon, to show us around so we knew where the good places to go. Was a really good night, and is always good for us cyclist to have a bit of a blow out ..... we ended up getting home at 6.30am and I'll leave it at that.

Also I have been busy organizing a summer trip to the Cote d'Azur region in the south of France with a good mate of mine Brad Tilby (well actually he has done all the organizing) who is bike racing in Holland this season. So on June 20th he is coming down to Lyon and then we catching the train down to Cannes where we are camping for 3 nights and will be also visiting Nice and Monaco. Then Friday we are heading down to Marseille for the day, then we are going to Montpellier for the night as its heaps cheaper than Marseille. We will stay in Montpellier till Sunday then its back home! So heaps to do in a little amount of time.




And also if you have noticed on the side of my blog I have joined Twitter and become a bit of a twitter geek, so click the follow me button and see a bit more of what I'm up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment