Monday, July 18, 2011

Bastille day and racing

Its rest day time today for me so time for a new post. I didn't have such a busy race schedule this week just two races, one on Thursday and one on Sunday.

There was a race on Thursday as it was Bastille day here in France which is a big national holiday which I'm not even sure why the celebrate it. Someone from the team told me it was celebrating democracy or something to do with war I'm not really sure. But anyway there is always a massive celebration in Paris with the military and stuff which was really impressive to watch on tv. In Lyon there were lots of fireworks every where. Martins and I went to a big firworks display with some of the guys from the team which was cool and we had planned to go to center Lyon after to check out the street parties that were supposed to be really good, but we didn't end up going unfortunately. So anyway during the day we had an elite national race only 10km down the road from the apartment, so was cool to just ride to the race for once. Was on a flat course with a stacked field. from the start i got into a promising break but only stayed away for a lap and when we were caught the next break to go was the one that stayed away and nobody from the team made it so we had to work on the front. From there I just thought I would ride the rest of the race for some good training and drill myself on the front with some of the team to catch the break. We ended up catching them with 3 laps to go and the guys we had sitting back didnt even attempt to make the next break which was so frustrating and none of the team got in the next winning break.

On Sunday I had another flat race just a regional cat 1. not to much to report except it poured with rain and it ended in a bunch finish and I rolled 21st in the sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment