Monday, April 2, 2012

Tour du canton Bourg-de-Péage

Had a fairly good race here, I felt good and I have no regrets with how I raced just unfortunate I didnt get the best result. It was a really cool course just south of Lyon, a circuit with 2 separate loops always undulating with no climbs over 3km and was super windy, 150km all up.


There were 120 starters so again was important to be at the front from the start with the strong wind always threatening to split the peloton. But when everyone is trying to do the same there were alot of close crashes and riding on the grass etc. It wasn't until 50km a group got away on one of the climbs which I managed to get in it and we stayed away for the whole race, there were 16 of us and also Sebastian from my team was also there.
We worked together well and got a big lead and knew the winner would come from our group. With 45km to go we went up the hardest climb and I was feeling good and the group was a bit big for my liking so I put in an attack and one guy came with me, but dropped after a km. so I was away by myself and was hoping a couple of guys would bridge up to me but the group ended up catching me but we were now down to 10.




Basically to the finish it was flat with a couple small pinches. With 25km to go there were alot of attacks and 4 got away including my team mate Sebastian so I was just sitting in behind not chasing. The four stayed away and I knew from my group I wouldnt win the sprint for 5th so I attacked with 2km to go, but unfortunatly I was caught just on the line and got 10th.. Still happy with my race and the form is definitely on the up.
















No comments:

Post a Comment