Sunday, September 12, 2010

PRIX DE LA MI SEPTEMBRE and prix des deux communes les fins morteau




So it was an important weekend for me in that i hd to gain points to secure a team for next year and i had the blue jersey to do defend.

PRIX DE LA MI SEPTEMBRE
the first race of the weekend was cat 2 and dead flat with one very small climb of about 300m, so it was not ideal for me but never the less it wasnt going to stop me giving it my all. At the start of the race i was as aggresive as possible hoping to make the early break. but with the feild being quite large everything was getting brought back. about a third of the way through i got in a move that looked like it would stick but was caught just before the short hill and so i slipped to the middle of the peloton and unfortunatly this was when a break of about 15 got away, i had missed my chance. Morteau had no one there so after awhile we finaly set up a bit of a chase but no one was willing to work so with just 2 of us we got the gap down to 15 seconds. by this point i was stuffed and the gap went straight back out again. bloody anoying that no one would come through or we would have caught. and then that was my race over.

prix des deux communes les fins morteau
atleast one good thing came out of this race i won le maillot bleu(the blue jersey) so that was pretty cool but the result of the race wasnt so good.
The race was cat 1 and hosted by morteau so the course was a few minutes away from the apartment. my plan was to follow the guy in 2nd on GC for the blue jersey as he was the only one possible to pass me in the GC. but right from the start my legs were shit, i think after such a long season its all starting to catch up with me as im way off my normal form. but i kept to my plan and luckily the guy in 2nd wasnt able to make any of the breaks (lucky as neither could i) and we ended up in a small bunch sprinting for 25th place and he only beat me by one place which kept me in the blue jersey. unfortunatly i wasnt able to get up there for the points so i will have to see what the team i want for next will have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment