Thursday, March 3, 2011

My thoughts on doping


http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/junior-paris-roubaix-winner-fabien-taillefer-arrested

When I read this article it really annoyed me and shows there is a big problem with doping in the amateur ranks of cycling.
Its such a shame to hear that there are some riders that are probably riding the same races as me and are doping. I also think the doping happening in amateur racing is much bigger than in professional racing as there is no where near as much testing in amateur races.
It really grinds my gears that people that will do this and have an unfair advantage over riders like myself that are relying on hard work and a lot of sacrifices to have success and when you know there are riders in the peloton doping it sometimes makes me think whats the point, why do I make so many sacrifices when there are guys that are always gunna have an advantage over you?
I know there has, and will always be this problem in cycling but I just hope it gets better and all the cheats are banned....
But this is still not going to ever stop me cycling and racing, and I try to look it a different way, if i train better and harder and I beat the cheats then it is a whole lot more satisfying.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment