Saturday, March 12, 2011

Prix de Bourg-en-Bresse


Another race in the rain!
Wasnt as bad as the last wet race I had which was good but still cold, was about 7 or 8 degrees i think.
It was nice and close again just an hour drive to a town called Bourg-en-Bresse.
The race was dead flat and small circuit of 4km 24 times, so was a pretty short race but with it being such a small circuit with lots corners (even a 180 degree turn where u practicly came to a stand still as the bunch tried to squeeze around) there was a lot of brake accelerate, brake accelerate. It was also just a category 1 race so a bit easier than the races I have been previously doing which are elite national races (top ameture level in France).

So as I said it was flat and was a fast course so there were about a million breaks that went and came back a minute later, I think the longest one that stayed away was only half a lap. So it made it an aggressive race and a shit fight to stay at the front so I spent most the race tucked into the middle of the peloton staying out of trouble, with the only difficult part the 180 degree turn which some people even took a hot line over the grass and having to get off there bikes because they got stuck in the mud which was amusing to watch.
In the end the bunch came into the finish all together and i even tried to get myself into a good position for the sprint which i dont usually ever do, as im a hopeless sprinter and id had a very unproductive race not doing a lot so I had to scrap something out of it. I think I ended up top 20 or 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment