Monday, April 5, 2010

Circuit du Printemps






Felt great today though kind of disappointing I didnt get the result to prove it..It turned out to be a clear day with the sun shining which was good for a change, didnt even have to wear thermals or arm warmers. the race was cat 2, and a 5.5km circuit with a 1km hill, 17 times round. The team went with most of the early breaks but nothing seemed to stick till after about 4 laps 2 guys got away (1 guy from ag2r) then there was mathew from our team and another guy chasing behind them. the break got out to about 1 minute 30 and mathew wasnt looking to catch them so the director told the team to bring back the break so we had what was left of the team all rolling through the front I felt real strong and was pulling big turns, my team was also telling me to slow down on the hill as I was dropping them. So in no time we had the break reeled in. All the attacks were going on the hill and I was easily folowing them I got in2 a few breaks over the top but no one would work together so nothing was staying away, then on the 3rd to last lap a guy slipped of the front I didnt go with him as he had been pulling really weak turns the hole race and I thought we would pull him back, turns out he was some really good pursuiter on the track and he managed to stay away for the win, so last time up the hill I put in a big attack at the bottom of the hill and went over the top on my own, I was caught on the downhill by a group of 5 which included mathew. So me not being the best sprinter I told mathew id lead him out, so coming into the finish I put in a half decent leadout but as mathew came round me his chain slipped or something so we had no chance and we rolled in for 4th and 5th. was prety disappointing but at least we got a bit of prizemoney, also next time il have a better idea of the better riders in the race.
Sam

1 comment:

  1. Great result your getting stronger!!! and we are following your every peddle stroke. Keep up the good work on your blog.

    ReplyDelete