Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crash



Well just had my first crash of the year. I gotta be honest it was pretty epic.
Me mat and kieran were having a no pedalling downhill race into Morteau and about half way down I smoked them on a corner and got a mean lead, then some crazy lady that said she was blinded by the sun, was driving up the hill and turned into a side street right in front of me. At this point I was going about 60km/h, I then locked up the backwheel and went sideways and hit straight into the side of the car and somersaulted over the bonnet and landed 10m away from the car with my bike landing somewhere down the side street.
All I did to myself was graze my knee a little. so I just lay there thinking hows my bike as nothing really hurt that much. all this attracted a lot of attention and after a few minutes I had a small crowd watching and an ambulance come.
The guys from the ambulance but me in a neck brace and some thing that looked like a body bag which was pretty stupid as I kept telling them I was fine but no one spoke english so no one could understand me.
So I was taken to the hospital in morteau and they took me inside and told me I was fine which I already knew, patched up my knee. Then told me to walk home.
Turns out kieran won the race.. my bike has a prety decent chip probly fuked forks and a major buckled front wheel but the care got a massive dent in the side and on the bonet.
So its time for new helmet, shoes and kit sweeeet. and to top it off we are having wraps for diner choice

No comments:

Post a Comment