Tuesday, April 13, 2010

prix de gaillard




So my laptop crapped out for a couple of days but its all fixed now so all good.
Any way the race on sunday went pretty well for VCCMM we got 1st 3rd and 4th. the race was 100km of a 3km circuit with a big crosswind section and then a 300m climb straight after. I attacked in the 3rd lap and got away solo for a bit then one of the guys we were supposed to watch bridged up to me so it was me and him for a lap then 2 more guys bridged up to us and one was a team mate keiran from NZ. then a couple laps later a big group of 20 or so bridged up to us then after about two laps with them I went with an attack with two team mates and another 3 guys. So I ended up staying away with this group, the team had 3 guys so we had to win or the director would be pissed. So 5 laps to go one of my team mates, Mathieu attacked and got away solo he was out front for 3 laps then at 2 laps to go the rest of the guys in the break looked smashed so I attacked and team mate clement went with me, we then bridged up to Mathieu and we were rolling real well together then Mathieu said the win was his because he had been away on his own. I was thinking that was a bit weird but didnt want to piss off the team. So I lead us up the last climb to the finish then some muppet from behind got up to us and attacked past us so clement got on his wheel and just sprinted him on the line for the win I rolled in 4th.
turns out Mathieu was real pissed because he didnt win so he was real dark for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment