Saturday, May 8, 2010

french race that i forgot the name

This race had only 40 odd starters and was 12 laps of 8km. the laps had a prety steep hill of about 1km and a couple of other rollers. I attacked right from the gun as the hill was about 100m after the start line, and so I got away with a team mate and an ACB guy.we rolled together for about half a lap and a group of 8 bridged up to us and then by the start of the 2nd lap a group of 5ish bridged up to us which had another team mate.
Wasnt feeling to good as the cold I had from during the week was bothering me a bit so just had to ignore it. Every lap up the hill someone would attack and a couple of guys would drop so by half way there were 7 or 8 of us left up front and still all three from my team. So we started our attacking, ii ended up getting away with this guy that was really weak so we only managed to stay away for a lap and as soon as we were caught the bunched slowed right down and a team mate and the same guy I was just with got away and got a gap of 30seconds.
The next time up the hill an ACB rider attacked hard so I followed and just sat on him as I had a team mate up the road but this guy was real strong and caught the break in 2 and a half laps without me pulling a lap. By this point there were 2 laps to go so everybody started attacking but no one could get away until half way round the last lap I got away with the same guy that had bridged up to the break. I knew id have no chance in the sprint so at every rise id attack but he would always just manage to get back on .. so coming into the finish he owned me in the sprint so I rolled in 2nd, pretty disappointing.
To make it even better I got back to the team van and the director was all angry at me because he thought I helped the ACB guy bridge up to the break but I had just sat on the whole way because I knew there was my team mate up the road. But he didnt seem to believe me because he saw me roll through once on the hill. Its kind of annoying that whatever I say he never believes me and im just getting sick of all the bitching that goes on in the team. After awhile I had a talk to the director and managed to sort it out so its all good now. Race tomorrow hopefully goes a bit better

No comments:

Post a Comment