Sunday, May 9, 2010

route du Comte Petite a St Antoine

From the start of this race it was wet and cold and I had nowhere enough kit on so for most the race I was freezing my ass off struggling to change gears as my hands were frozen. It was another lap race 8 laps with 3km low gradient hill that you go up in the big ring, then after the last lap we turned off to finish up another low gradient 3km hill still big ring.
The race I had a few goes of the front and did a bit of chasing for the team but nothing to much as I was so cold and boderline pulling out the whole race.
Just before we turned off the laps and into the finishing hill there was a group of 8ish off the front with team mate clement up there, but as soon as they hit the hill clement dropped his anchors and dropped from the front group so the other NZ rider in the team Kieran Hambrook got on the front of the peloton and drove it with me and Matt Benson on his wheel, so by 3/4 the way up the hill he had reeled in half the break and dropped the peleton, so me and Benson attacked and reeled in the rest of the break away except for one rider, Benson then attacked again and got past the last rider and got the win with me just behind rolling in 3rd. Was real good team work by the whole team so pretty happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment