Sunday, May 2, 2010

prix du Saugeais

So this race was the home race for VCCMM, it was a category 1, 120km race of a hilly circuit, and to top it off it was pouring with rain and freezing cold. I was told by the director that this race would be "very very ard". And it was, right from the start it was attack after attack and it was super fast and by the first lap of 15km over half the peleton had dropped. then by the 2nd lap the front group was down to about 20. I was feeling good on the hills it was the flat sections in the wind that seemed to hurt me the most and also the cold I could hardly change gears my hands were so frozen.
With two laps to go I went with an attack up the main climb with another guy, I think there were about 4 or 5 riders up the road. As we crossed the finish line to get the bell for the final lap we caught 2 riders that had dropped from the front break, but by this time I want feeling to good, so not even half way round the lap I got dropped up a climb with another guy and we got caught by a group of 4 behind.
So we reached the final climb and i went with an attack from another guy and we got a good gap but 200m from the top of the climb a rider from the group behind came flying past us and I didnt manage to get on his wheel, so at the finish I came in 7th or 8th im not sure and first category 2 rider. So pretty pleased with my result as was super hard race, easily one of the hardest races iv done. most of the field ended up pulling out and the ones that finished came in in 1s and 2s.

a bit of an update of what iv been up to this week. Have been on the train to Neuchatel in Suisse and it was mean weather and had to wing it on the train with no ticket. Went to watch the tour of romandy prologue and stage one which was awsum to see all the pros race and was amazing just to see all the people and just how big the whole thing was.

No comments:

Post a Comment