Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rhône-Alpes Isère Tour


Well this tour was insane, like nothing I have ever done before it was crazy fast and my four days were filled with ups and downs. Before the start I had fairly high expectations but after finishing it has really showed me how much faster pro racing is, and this isn't even the very top level....
Just to name a few of the top teams there-(for anyone who knows a bit about cycling) FDJ, Europcar, Saur-Sojasun. http://www.rhone-alpes-isere-tour.com/

So the first two stages I felt like crap. I dunno what it was either the speed of the race or I was just having bad days, but when ever I was going hard on the hills I could never find my rhythm and my legs felt like lead and also positioning was really important before the climbs because of such a big peloton and I was having a bit of a hard time getting a good place. So first stage I was 5 min down and the 2nd stage I was like 20min down eeek...

Finally on the 3rd stage which had the most climbing I felt a little bit better and was just pissed I got dropped on the penultimate climb due to poor positioning. But pleased to be getting some good feelings back in the legs. O yea and it also poured with rain on this stage and at the top of the last climb which was at 1200m altitude it was freezing and we then had one of the most dodgy decents I have ever done which was 25km long and was wet and you couldn't see 10m in front of you with the fog and with it being so wet it took about 200m of squeezing your brakes before they started working, hmm fun.

Last stage my legs were pretty much back to normal and I was feeling great on the climbs and ended up finishing in the front group so really happy with that. I reckon if there was another stage I would feel even better...

In the end I finished 46th on GC and 10th U23 and also 1st U23 ameture. So not too bad but nothing special. And It was defiantly some good training with 650km of racing in 4 days, I hope it gives me some good form for next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment