Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tour du Chablais

So after having an easy week in Holland with 3 days of the bike I was sort of hoping I would have some good legs for this race as it was super hilly with some big climbs and it is also a big race here in France. Unfortunately it didn't go my way, well my legs let me down, I cramped up really bad at only 115km of the 160km which is strange as I haven't cramped all year. So I think I'm going to put it down to the lack of riding I did in the previous week, as I always feel really good in a race after a hard weeks training. Otherwise the first part of the race I was feeling strong, not as good as the previous weeks but still good. I finished in 28th and looking at the results I have beaten a lot of the guys in the top ten in previous hilly races so I'll take that as a positive.
Hopefully I'm good for next Thursday as I have pretty much the biggest tour of the year a UCI 2.2 with a few top European pro teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment