Tuesday, March 13, 2012

GP Serra-Delorme

This was an elite national race on a hard circuit done 10 times with a decent hill every lap and 150km all up. I did this race last year so I sort of knew what to expect but the big difference this year it was super windy, and with 150 starters and on small roads it was all about staying at the front.
I was holding really good positioning from the start so I never found my self in to much trouble and each lap the group was getting smaller as the wind and the hill took its toll. I was really active all race having lots of digs off the front and was in all the serious moves. It took 100km before a group managed to get away and at first I wasn't there but on the hill I got off the front with a couple other guys and we bridged to the front in the crosswind.
On the 2nd to last lap at the top of the hill 2 guys attacked at the top and I went with them but I just didn't have the kick in my legs to get on their wheel so I was stuck in between them and the group. 2 others then came across but decided to attack past me so I didn't get on their wheels either. I ended up going back to the group and I had lost out on the winning move which was a bit disappointing.
I also had 3 other team mates in the group so we decided to work for one our guys Sebastien to see if we could get him to the front group. For the last lap I was on the front with the 2 others in my team but we didn't manage to catch the front guys. We arrived to sprint for 5th place and I ended up 15th.
Fairly happy with my form and the race was a really good test, it was so hard only 30 odd finished.

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment