Sunday, March 18, 2012

La Transversale des As de l’Ain annulée

Unfortunately this race was 'annulee' or in english, canceled. After a week of awesome weather, 20 degree days without a cloud in the sky I got some really great training in and I was really looking forward to having a good race. But the weather turned for the worse on race day, it was pouring with rain and only 5 degrees, anyway we went to the race start and got all kitted up and just when everybody was ready we get the call from the officials that the race was canceled because there was to much snow on the climb that we had to go up... Its fair to say there were a lot of pleased riders but also some really pissed off, and to be honest I was feeling pretty motivated so I was a bit annoyed.. So everybody got changed again and we headed home.. bit of a waste of a day and I ended up doing an hour on the erg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment