Friday, March 2, 2012

Circuit Bedat, and other things

Firstly after my last races the knee problem I got didnt just go away unfortunately I had to take it really easy for a week, I was only aloud to ride in the small chain ring and I went to see the team physio every day. In the end he said it was a tight ITB band which was most probably caused by the change in pedals. But now I'm back to the pedals I had before and I have to do stretching every day. It was a real bummer I missed out on the weekends racing because they were pretty good races for me, but it only the start of the season and its better to make sure this small injury doesn't turn into a bigger problem.
The next week I still had to take it fairly easy, luckily the pain had gone but I just couldn't do any efforts. I decided to try it out in the race in the weekend and the knee held up real well, it pretty much felt normal so that was a massive relief. I actually didnt feel to bad in the race, i managed to make a breakaway of 20ish riders but I had more bad luck come my way, I punctured and there was no support cars behind the break yet so I had to wait for the peleton to go past before I could get a wheel. The break I was in didn't end up getting caught either so it was a bit of a missed opportunity for me but owell.

Now this week I'm back into my training progam, and the weather has come really good too! clear skies and 20degrees right now... big change from the minuses last week so I hope it stays like this. Yesterday we had our team presentation which managed to take up the whole day. First thing in the morning we went to the O"rka bike factory who are our bike sponsors and we got a factory tour and had lots of photos taken. They then put on a nice lunch for us. We then had more photos done in a park in Lyon, and by the time that was finished it was 4pm and almost time for the team presentation, so we got to sit down for an hour and was straight back into it. But was worth it for the mean feed we had afterwards.. hopefully all the fancy french pastries I ate wont weigh me down to much this weekend..
Will put some photos up from the presentation etc when I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment