Monday, February 14, 2011

Ronde du Canigou


Well second race of the weekend and was supposed to be hilly.. well their were hills but it was way over exaggerated, there were two hills both not even steep and could go up in the big chain ring and the rest was flat so not as hard as i expected.
Still me and another guy in the team who is also a good climber were the leaders for the race which was really cool as i always had a team mate near me to protect me from the wind and pull me to the front and also they did a bit of work on the front to pull back a break away.
So the start of the race was flat for the first 20km then the first hill, which wasnt to hard but a small break got away and for the next 40km my team was on the front chasing them down and caught them at 50ish km which was the start of the next climb, there were a lot of attacks and i was able to follow them all even put in a few of my own but the road wasnt steep enough to split the bunch so by the top the bunch was down to 40ish riders and a few more made it back on on the decent.
From there till the finish was all flat so there was my chance gone to have a decent result. we still had me and 4 other guys in the bunch and one was a good sprinter so we were now working for him getting him to a good position for the finish.
for the last 40 km it was a over a windy circuit we did 3 times and a group of 20 split of the front with our sprinter in there so that was good and he ended up finishing fourth, but could have been better if he had a team mate with him.

So now an easy week for me and two more races next weekend, both elite national(top ameture racing in france).

No comments:

Post a Comment